MSI installer for large scale deployment Version number:
The MSI installer for Printer Drivers designed for large scale deployment in Active Directory environments. With the Printer Driver MSI installer System Administrators can create custom configurations for every User on the system and register or activate the printer driver. The MSI installer will greatly simplify mess deployment and eliminates the need for customers to build custom installations.
For InstallShield MSI installer availability, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
The MSI install has the following installation features:
- Automatic silent installation
- Automatic register/activate the Printer driver with a serial number
- Install the Printer driver for evaluation.
- Configure installation target directory.
- Configure the registration of the printer driver with Black Ice license server:
- 443 port with SSL (default)
- 80 port without SSL
- 3500 port without SSL
- 15000 port without SSL
- Configure the connection to license server with proxy server.
- Not using proxy server (default)
- Attempt to discover automatic proxy
- Use HTTP proxy
- Use SOCKS proxy
- Change the printer driver display name to a user defined name
- Configure the default printer.
- Keep the user current Default Printer (default).
- Set Printer Driver to be the Default Printer for current user only.
- Set Printer Driver to be the Default Printer for every users
- Pre-configure the Send printed document in email feature.
- Pre-configure the Upload to FTP feature
- Enable or disable Printer manager
- Install Printer driver without Printer Manager.
- Install Printer driver with old Printer Manager C++ version.
- Install Printer driver with Printer Manager C# version (Default).
- Add Agent (Task printers) printers.
- Pre-configure single or multiple Agent printer for a specific task.
- Pre-configure the printer driver using the configuration ini file.
- Such as file format, output directory, and more. Every feature of the printer driver can be pre-configured.
- Use Profile file to Configuration the printer.
- Hide Printer driver Printing Preferences Tab(s) from Users.
- Hide the Upload and Email Options from Users on the Printer driver Printing Preferences.
Please contact sales for more technical details on the MSI installer at email@example.com.
Printer Driver MSI Installer Logging Registration Process
The Black Ice Printer Driver MSI Installer includes detailed logging of the registration process, in order to facilitate System Administrators and System Integrators to determine the success or failure of the automated Printer Driver Registration, in large scale deployments. The improved registration logging in the Printer Driver MSI Installer creates a BiPDMSIRegistrationDataLog.txt named log file automatically in the User’s temp folder.
(for example: c:\Users\Administrator\temp\BiPDMSIRegistrationDataLog.txt)
Requirements and Supported installation methods
- Assign to Computer (silent install)
- Assign to User (silent install)
- Installation from command line (cmd.exe)
- Windows 10 (32 bit and 64 bit)
- Windows 8 (32 bit and 64 bit)
- Windows 7 (32 bit and 64 bit)
- Windows Vista (32 bit and 64 bit)
- Windows XP (32 bit and 64 bit)
- Windows Server 2016
- Windows Server 2012 R2
- Windows Server 2008 R2/2008 (32 bit and 64 bit)
- Windows Server 2003 (32 bit and 64 bit)
- Citrix* XenApp (Citrix Presentation Server)/XenDesktop
* Hyper-V is supported.
- .NET framework 4.0 or higher (Only required for Microsoft MSI installer)
MSI Installers are available for the following Document Converter Printer Drivers:
- ColorPlus Printer Driver for both Desktop and Server
- ColorPlus X1 Printer Driver for both Desktop and Server
- PDF Printer Driver for both Desktop and Server
- PDF X1 Printer Driver for both Desktop and Server
- TIFF/Monochrome Printer Driver for both Desktop and Server
- TIFF/Monochrome X1 Printer Driver for both Desktop and Server
MSI Installers are not available for OEM Printer Drivers!
For MSI Installer availability, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.