Black Ice Software - September 21, 2016
Document Imaging SDK version 12.56 is released!
Stability improvements for Twain scanning, for loading 32 bit images and more!
Black Ice Software has released version 12.56 of the Document Imaging SDK/OCX. This version includes major stability improvements for Twain scanning to allow developers to specify the name of Twain Data Source Manager DLL in BiTwain. This new feature provides improved compatibility for scanners using Twain 1.9 or older data source.
The latest Twain C# and VB.NET samples includes new features to automatically save the output file name when scanning to file, and also includes stability improvements when closing scanner applications and trying to scan with the Twain sample.
Version 12.56 of the Document Imaging SDK includes further stability improvement when loading 32 bit images and includes improved DPI detection when loading JPEG compressed Tiff image.
The latest release of Document Imaging SDK includes stability improvement for loading and saving TIFF files larger than 2GB.
The complete list of improvements in the latest Document Imaging SDK include the following:
- Stability improvement when loading 32 bit images by the LoadTiffChainIntoDIB function
- Stability improvement for handling 32 bit and "top-down" BMP files
- Improved DPI detection when loading JPEG compressed Tiff image by the LoadTiffChainIntoDIB function
- Stability improvement for loading and saving TIFF files larger than 2GB
- Stability improvement for loading large JPEG images
- Added LoadAnnotationFromTiffChain to BiTiff.dll
- Added internal functions to BiAnno.dll and BiAnnoDlg.dll
- Updated installer, exe, ocx and dll file signitures
- Added GetStandardPaperSizeFromDib function to BiDIB.dll
- Added ConvertDIBToBitmapExt function to BiDIB.dll
- Stability improvements for Twain C# and VB.NET samples when closing scanner application and trying to scan with the Twain sample
- Added feature automatically save the output file name for Twain .NET samples
- Added option to specify the name of Twain Data Source Manager DLL in BiTwain
- Stability improvement for closing the scanner window when using BiTwain with an older data source manager
- Updated manuals
Free Upgrades and Priority Support
Do not forget to subscribe to future releases by purchasing maintenance. With an active maintenance subscription, you will receive all new releases for free! Priority email technical support is also included in your subscription. For more information call us at +1 (561) 757-4107 Extension 2, or email us at email@example.com.
As a special offer, if your maintenance subscription has expired or you did not include the maintenance subscription in your original purchase, simply refer to this newsletter to renew or add maintenance retroactively!