Black Ice Software -
November 12, 2014
Auto-print SDK 14.16 is released!
Exact file naming, Conversion Profiles, Environment Variables, Auto save and more!
Black Ice Software has released the Auto-print SDK 14.16 including dozens of great new features and improvements! The new Auto-print SDK samples have the capability to save printed documents as the same name as the source document, and to apply conversion profiles for commonly used tasks. Also included in the Auto-print SDK samples, users can specify the directories by using environment variables.
In Auto-print SDK 14.16 each sample application auto saves the specified directories and settings into their own INI file, so users do not have to configure the samples on every start.
The latest release of Auto-print SDK includes improved PowerPoint and PDF printing, improvements on the user interface, improved logging and dozens of more enhancements!
Auto-print SDK includes improved Auto-print Service C++ with improved directory permission checking and the capability to configure Converted (Output) directory to the printed documents.
The complete list of improvements in the latest Black Ice Auto-print SDK include the following:
- Added capability to apply conversion profiles in Auto-print samples
- Improvements for the Auto-print and Auto-print Service sample’s filename generation to save the printed documents in the same name as the source document
- Stability improvement when printing PowerPoint and PDF input file
- Added separate INI files for C#, C++ and VB.NET Auto-print applications
- Improved Auto-print samples to read and store their settings in the INI file
- Added capability to use environment variables for specifying directories.
- Improved Black Ice Printer Driver detection in the Installation
- Improvements for log file generation in C# and VB.NET Auto-print samples
- Improved directory permission checking in Auto-print Service C++ sample
- Improvements for Auto-print and Auto-print Service samples to create the Input, Converted, Processed and Failed directories when the conversion starts.
- Added Converted (Output) directory handling to Auto-print Service C++ sample
- Improved user interface to enhance user’s experience.
- Improvements for C# and VB.NET Auto-print samples batch conversion when deleting a file from the Input folder.
- Updated manual
Support for the Auto-print samples in the OEM printer driver API/Resource Toolkit are discontinued with Printer Driver version 14.16. For the latest Auto-print batch converter applications, please refer to the Auto-print SDK.
Free Upgrades and Priority Support
Do not forget to subscribe to future releases by purchasing maintenance. With an active maintenance subscription, you will receive all new releases for free! Priority email technical support is also included in your subscription. For more information call us at +1 (603) 882-7711 Extension 2, or firstname.lastname@example.org.
As a special offer, if your maintenance subscription has expired or you did not include the maintenance subscription in your original purchase, simply refer to this newsletter to renew or add maintenance retroactively!