Black Ice Software - September 1, 2015
Printer Driver version 14.40 is released!
Improved PDF Printing, Email Sending with Audit Logging, Amazon SES compatibility and New features for POS (Point of Sales) to predefine the email subject and body!
Black Ice Software has released the Printer Driver version 14.40 including the improved PDF for printing documents with Unicode (Asian) characters, bold text rendering for specific fonts, Type 1 font embedding, and printing documents that contain embedded fonts with font subsetting.
The new Black Ice Printer Driver includes improved Email Sending feature for POS (Point of Sales) receipt printing. The new email sending improvements can be combined with POS systems to automate email sending to customers, predefine the email subject, email body and only prompt the user to enter the recipients.
Version 14.40 of the Printer Driver also contains a new Audit Logging feature to log every email sent on the system, and compatibility improvements for Amazon SES (Simple Email Sending) service. The latest release of Printer Drivers MSI installer for large scale deployments includes new capabilities to preconfigure every aspect of the email sending, including the new POS features.
The complete list of improvements in the latest Black Ice Printer Driver include the following:
- Added "Delete output document after the email is sent" option
- Added "Prompt the user only for email address" option to email sending
- Added Audit Log option to email sending
- Added INI file options to disable the settings window and about box links on the SMTP email sending window
- Added option to specify SMTP User Name without domain if the server allows it
- Added option to specify the SMTP Sender Email separately from the User Name
- Improved parameter validation for SMTP options
- Made error messages clearer during registration
- Stability improvement for using the Messaging Interface with shared printers
- Added option to MSI installers to set email options using INI file
- Updated PDF Dlls to version 18.104.22.1681
- Improvements for printing vertical Asian text
- Improved bold text rendering for some fonts
- Improved handling of fonts that contain unicode characters in the name of the font
- Fixes disappearing characters, incorrect font substitutions and incorrectly positioned characters in Japanese text
- Improvement for embedding Type 1 fonts
- Improvement for printing documents that contain embedded fonts, with font subsetting enabled
- Updated manuals
Free Upgrades and Priority Support
Do not forget to subscribe to future releases by purchasing maintenance. With an active maintenance subscription, you will receive all new releases for free! Priority email technical support is also included in your subscription. For more information call us at +1 (561) 757-4107 Extension 2, or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
As a special offer, if your maintenance subscription has expired or you did not include the maintenance subscription in your original purchase, simply refer to this newsletter to renew or add maintenance retroactively!