Black Ice Software -
June 5, 2014
Printer Driver 14.04 is released!
Simplified API/RTK, Reorganized Samples and Improved PDF Printing
Black Ice Software has released the Printer Driver version 14.04 with Simplified API/RTKs combining Windows Server and Windows Desktop 32 and 64-bit platforms into a single downloadable file. The new API/RTK sample source code files are better manageable for both Windows Servers and Windows Desktops.
Version 14.04 of Black Ice Printer Drivers includes improved PDF printing with improvements for eastern character handling particularly for Japanese and Korean fonts, reduced PDF file size and improvements for Linear PDF encryption.
The latest release of the API/Resource Toolkit includes New solution files for Visual Studio 2013, 2012, 2010 for every C++, C# and VB.NET Sample, reorganized folder structure to make the source files and samples user friendly.
The complete list of improvements in the latest Black Ice Printer Driver includes the following:
- Improved PDF printing
- Improvement for eastern character handling for Japanese and Korean, in the PDF output
- Reduced PDF file size, preventing duplicate font embedding
- Improvement for Linear PDF encryption
- Improvements when printing PDF in FAX resolution
- Updated PDF Dlls to version 18.104.22.1680
- Merged 32-bit and 64-bit Release API/RTK Installers
- Simplified Demo and Licensed API/RTK Installers
- Simplified 32-bit/64-bit/Desktop/Server Demo API/RTK into one installer
- Simplified 32-bit/64-bit/Desktop/Server Licensed API/RTK into one installer
- Added Visual Studio 2010 solution and project file to samples
- Added Visual Studio 2012 solution and project file to samples
- Added Visual Studio 2013 solution and project file to samples
- Reorganized Samples and Source files to make the folder structure more logical
- Renamed/Unified the Solutions and Sample Applications
- Updated .Net samples from .Net 2.0 to .Net 4.0
- Simplified C# and VB.NET Installation Samples in the Release API/RTK
- Centralized Sample Application configuration for SampleSettings.INI file
- Improved API/RTK installers to detect the installed Printer Drivers and preconfigure the Samples
- Added batch files to register 32-bit and 64-bit OCX Controls
- Updated manuals
Free Upgrades and Priority Support
Don't forget to subscribe to future releases by purchasing maintenance. With an active maintenance subscription, you will receive all new releases of your software for free with your subscription! Also included with your Subscription is Priority email technical support. For more information call us at +1 (603) 882-7711 Extension 2, or firstname.lastname@example.org.
As a special offer, if your Maintenance Subscription has expired or you did not include the Maintenance Subscription with your original purchase, simply mention this newsletter to renew or add Maintenance retroactively!