Black Ice Software -
February 18, 2014
Printer Driver 13.90 is released with OCR!
Print and OCR at the same time!
The Black Ice Printer Drivers version 13.90 includes the new “One Click to Print and OCR” feature. This feature is designed to OCR digitized documents during the printing process such as Medical record, Faxes, Archived document and PDFs in Image format into editable and searchable text. The OCR feature can be used for text extraction for content based applications. The OCR feature is available in the retail “End User” TIFF/Monochrome, ColorPlus and PDF printer drivers. and the Black Ice OEM printer drivers.
Convert digitized documents, images
and faxes into editable text.
Some of the key OCR features are OCR entire documents (single or multipage), OCR only the first page of the printed document, or OCR a specified area of the printed page.
See the OCR feature in Document Converter Printer Driver.
The complete list of improvements in the latest Black Ice Printer Driver 13.90 includes the following:
- Added OCR feature to the Printer Drivers
- OCR first page only
- OCR every page in the Document
- OCR selected area of the page
- Easy configurable language option
- Added API functions for the OCR configuration
- Improved silent MSI installers for the printer drivers to log registration success or failure
- Updated PDF DLLs to version 18.104.22.1687
- Stability improvements for printing Excel documents which contains special characters
- Stability improvements for printing PDF, PDF/A and Linearized PDF documents
- Stability improvements for GDI object handling
- Improvements for line and character handling
- Improvements for file size optimization
- Updated TiffViewer to version 11.06.578
- AutoPrint.dll and AutoPrint.ocx source is removed
- (it is no longer available)
- Updated manuals
Free Upgrades and Priority Support
Don't forget to subscribe to future releases by purchasing maintenance. With an active maintenance subscription, you will receive all new releases of your software for free with your subscription! Also included with your Subscription is Priority email technical support. For more information call us at +1 (603) 882-7711 Extension 2, or email@example.com.
As a special offer, if your Maintenance Subscription has expired or you did not include the Maintenance Subscription with your original purchase, simply mention this newsletter to renew or add Maintenance retroactively!