Issue: I have a user who suddenly lost her print2rdp printer. We have uninstalled and reinstalled everything. While working with her I logged onto the terminal server as the administrator from her workstation. Her printer was there and I could print to it. I logged out of terminal services, she logged in as herself and the printer was no longer visible. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Solution: If this person is in the domain it could be that their Group policy settings are changed.
If they was able to print before, please try to find out what changed in their settings.
You can generate a log file on the Print2RDP Client and on the Print2RDP Server.
Please follow the instruction below how to generate the log file.
– First Please delete log files on both from Print2RDP client and from the Print2RDP server.
– Log into the server and see if the printers are shown.
– Log off from the server.
– Open a technical support ticket and email the log files to technical support.
– All support questions must be submitted at http://www.blackice.com/support.htm
You can find documentation on how to generate the log files in our online manual:
· For Servers: http://www.blackice.com/Help/Internet/Print2RDP%20webhelp/WebHelp/Server_Log_File.htm
· For Clients: http://www.blackice.com/Help/Internet/Print2RDP%20webhelp/WebHelp/Client_Log_File.htm
You can find the path of the log files if you open the Print2RDP Properties window (Start menu -> All programs -> Print2RDP Server/Client -> Print2RDP Server/Client -> Log Info tab).
Developer Support Team