Document Imaging SDK,
Image SDK,
TIFF SDK,
Annotation SDK,
Cover Page Generator

Moderator: Technical Support Team

CaptureNT.ocx

Postby DNAunion » Mon Dec 20, 2010 11:18 am

I am trying to get an executable - created using VB6 - that runs on 32-bit WinXP to run on 64-bit Win7: the program will not launch because of an error with CaptureNT.OCX.

CaptureNT.OCX is an old (our file is from back in 2000) Black Ice OCX and is not present in the current version of Black Ice drivers/RTK, so I cannot simply upgrade it to the 64-bit version. In addition, Googling/Binging "CaptureNT.OCX" returns nothing, and your company no longer supports it.

Is there any information -- old documentation, info about replacing it with a newer Black Ice product, etc. - you can provide me on CaptureNT.OCX?
DNAunion

Re: CaptureNT.ocx

Postby TechnicalSupportTeam » Mon Dec 20, 2010 12:29 pm

Hello,

These files are 10 years old Black Ice modules they are no longer supported.

For full 64 bit support please download the latest Black Ice Printer Driver RTK and use the latest dll and ocx files at:
http://www.blackice.com/Printer%20Drive ... rivers.htm

Regards,
Technical Support Team
TechnicalSupportTeam

Postby TechnicalSupportTeam » Tue Dec 21, 2010 6:42 am

Hello,

Which functions are you using in the CaptureNT.ocx?

Thank you!

Regards,
Technical Support Team
TechnicalSupportTeam

Postby DNAunion » Tue Dec 21, 2010 4:52 pm

The problem is temporarily solved.

I have since been able to get the old VB6 executable to launch: it even executes several methods before abending, for a different issue related to Black Ice (will create a separate thread).

The install package someone else wrote was still putting capturent.ocx into the C:\Windows\System32 folder; apparently when I simply moved it into the C:\Windows\SysWow64 folder and registered it from there, that did the trick. At least so far. The code path being tested so far bypasses calls to CaptureNT.OCX so CaptureNT.OCX has not actually been tested on the 64-bit machine. It may be that the code paths that do use it are antiquated and can be eliminated: that would be up to others to decide. Anyway, at least for now, I don't need any assistance. Thanks.
DNAunion

Return to Imaging Toolkits