Document Imaging SDK,
Image SDK,
TIFF SDK,
Annotation SDK,
Cover Page Generator

Moderator: Technical Support Team

Help support: Problem registering Bitiff.ocx on Windows7 64

Postby es2000 » Wed Sep 08, 2010 1:34 am

I have some problems registering BiTiff.ocx (versione 10.95) on a Windows7 64 Bit.

This version have problems with 64Bit operating system?

The problem is that RegSvr32 says (I traduce it from italian):
<The "bitiff.ocx" module could not be not compatible with the executing Windows version. Please verify if the module is compatible with the x86 version (32 bit) or the x64 (64 bit) version of regsvr32.exe>

Note that i directly execute the regsvr32.exe in "c:\windows\system32"...
es2000

Re: Help support: Problem registering Bitiff.ocx on Windows7 64

Postby TechnicalSupportTeam » Wed Sep 08, 2010 10:21 am

Hello,

The BiTiff.ocx should be registered on Windows 7 64-bit machines. Please check that the appropriate files are copied to your machine: BiTiff.ocx, BiTiff.dll, license dat file and license.dll. If the registration failed check the file dependencies using Dependency Walker. The Dependency Walker can be downloaded from (http://www.dependencywalker.com/). Check the dependencies of BiTiff.ocx and BiTiff.dll too. The missing dependent files may occur the registration error.
TechnicalSupportTeam

Re: Help support: Problem registering Bitiff.ocx on Windows7 64

Postby es2000 » Fri Oct 01, 2010 3:32 am

Hello support, I tried to look at Bitiff.ocx with Dependencywalker, that says:
<
Error: At least one module has an unresolved import due to a missing export function in an implicitly dependent module.
Error: Modules with different CPU types were found.
Warning: At least one delay-load dependency module was not found.
Warning: At least one module has an unresolved import due to a missing export function in a delay-load dependent module.
>
The Walker tells also that Bitiff.ocx needs "IEShims.dll". The walker cannot find it, but this dll is in "c:\program files\Internet Explorer". But I tried the same into a WindowsXp computers, and this problems occurs again, but here I can register Bitiff.ocx successfully.

So I think that the problem may be here: "Error: Modules with different CPU types were found."
Do you think it?
es2000

Return to Imaging Toolkits