I cannot see my printer during terminal server connection

Print2RDP related topics

I cannot see my printer during terminal server connection

Postby TechnicalSupportTeam » Wed Oct 06, 2010 7:08 am

I am on a windows xp station and connecting to a 2003 terminal server. When the administrator logs in, he can see the printer. I cannot see it and I am also an administrator. Am I missing a step. I have the print2rdp client installed and have my printer selected (usb). Please help
TechnicalSupportTeam

Re: I cannot see my printer during terminal server connection

Postby TechnicalSupportTeam » Wed Oct 06, 2010 7:13 am

Hello,

After you have installed the Black Ice Print2RDP client on your computer you have to run the Print2RDP Client “Start menu -> All programs -> Print2RDP Client -> Print2RDP Client”. Please add your installed printers to the “Currently added Printers to the Server” list. See below.

After this please connect to the server through RDP and check the attached printers

If the problem still exist please send us the Print2RDP log files both on server and client side. You can find the path of the log files if you open the “Log Info” tab on Print2RDP Server/Client Properties window.
TechnicalSupportTeam

Postby jmaxnakron » Thu Dec 16, 2010 8:11 am

What is the solution to this? This is a Group Policy issue, but where? I had net2print installed and it worked up until a few months ago. Fresh install of Print2RDP and the same issue as the thread poster.
jmaxnakron

Postby jmaxnakron » Thu Dec 16, 2010 4:39 pm

After not being able to get ahold of anyone as the phone just rang and rang...I ended up just reinstalling net2printer and all is good...
jmaxnakron

Postby Dorothy » Fri Jan 21, 2011 10:13 am

I am new to Print2RDP and am finding problems with the printers loading thru RDP. Sometimes they load and sometimes they do not. Have to reinstall the Print2rdp client to get it to work again. Also when they do load it take at least 30 seconds for them to show up.
Dorothy

Return to Print2RDP (Formerly ePrintAnywhere)