Printing jibberish

Print2RDP related topics

Printing jibberish

Postby ryan » Tue Sep 07, 2010 1:40 pm

We are running Windows 2003 Server Standard edition, terminal server. Intermittently, some remote desktop clients are experiencing printer jibberish while printing .PDF files. If the user copies the file to their local computer, it prints fine. It only happens when trying to print from the terminal server. The print looks like symbols and odd shapes which remind me of Hebrew. We are running the latest Print2RDP client and server software.
ryan

Re: Printing jibberish

Postby TechnicalSupportTeam » Wed Sep 08, 2010 9:21 am

Hello,

Some PDF file contains specified fonts. During the printing these fonts will be saved into the temporary folder both on client and server side. If you do not have right permission on these folders the font files won't be created and the output file won't contain the font files.
First please check the rights on the temporary folders (user/local settings/temp) both on server and client side.
If the problem still exists please send us your log files.
You will find the path of the log files if you open the "Log Info" tab on the Print2RDP Setting window.
(Start menu -> All programs -> Print2RDP -> Print2RDP -> Log Info)
TechnicalSupportTeam

Re: Printing jibberish

Postby ryan » Mon Oct 11, 2010 1:50 pm

Thanks, I've checked permissions on client/server side and everything seems in order. I have another issue that I'm working on now. I'll create another thread for it.
ryan

Return to Print2RDP (Formerly ePrintAnywhere)