FAXCPP.ini and OCX

Fax C++/ActiveX related topics

Moderator: Technical Support Team

FAXCPP.ini and OCX

Postby richburke » Tue Apr 27, 2004 1:03 pm

I am currently in the process of converting a C++ application which was using the FAXCPP library to now use the OCX. I am doing this because the FAXCPP will not compile in Visual Studio 2003. In the original implementation we used ConnectPortEx to specify the modem properties. When I now use the OCX how do I accomplish the same functionality? And, how does the OCX work with FAXCPP.ini?
richburke

Postby TechnicalSupportTeam » Tue Apr 27, 2004 4:08 pm

We are releasing the new version of Fax C++/OCX and Voice C++/OCX with .NET 2003 support this week.

The ConnectPortExt is internally called by the OCX in the InitFax method. The name of the faxcpp1.ini file is hardcoded in the OCX therefore you do not have to specify it.
TechnicalSupportTeam

Postby richburke » Tue Apr 27, 2004 4:17 pm

A couple of questions.

Will the C++ API set that you are releasing this week compile using Visual Studio 2003? The problem we currently have is the one of your headers specifies fstream.h which is no longer supported.

With the FAXCPP.ini I was more interested in specifying the modem set that should be used when opening the port. How does the OCX determine which modem settings to use?
richburke

Postby TechnicalSupportTeam » Wed Apr 28, 2004 10:47 am

Yes, the Fax C++ will compile with .NET 2003, the problem with the header will be solved.

The API will load the settinsg specified for the for the fax CLASS you are using.
TechnicalSupportTeam

Postby richburke » Wed Apr 28, 2004 11:12 am

Can you provide a contact for me to call to get this version of the SDK? We are looking to release our software very soon and need this upgrade ASAP.
richburke

Postby TechnicalSupportTeam » Wed Apr 28, 2004 12:52 pm

We recommend that you contact either our sales department (sales@blackice.com) or our technical support department (techsupport@blackice.com).
TechnicalSupportTeam

Re: FAXCPP.ini and OCX

Postby William888 » Wed Feb 04, 2015 6:49 am

The Fax C++ / OCX SDK is licensed on a per port basis. To check the number of ports you have licensed, use the GetNumberofLicensedPorts function or GetNumberofLicensedPorts method.The number of ports returned by this function will show how many ports your copy of the Fax C++ / OCX is licensed for. It will not be possible to open more ports than the licensed amount.

Another ways to check the number of licensed ports is to launch the Demo32 sample and open the sample’s About box. The About box will display the number of licensed ports.

______________________________________________________________________________________________
NoorAlamShahzad
William888

Re: FAXCPP.ini and OCX

Postby blakebaker008 » Tue May 09, 2017 2:36 am

Fax C++ / OCX SDK is commissioned on a per port basis. to ascertain the amount of ports you've got accredited, use the GetNumberofLicensedPorts operate or GetNumberofLicensedPorts technique.The number of ports came back by this operate can show what percentage ports your copy of the Fax C++ / OCX is accredited for. it'll not be doable to open additional ports than the accredited quantity.
blakebaker008

Return to Fax C++ / ActiveX