Creating non-paginated TIFF file from multi-page doc

Black Ice Printer Driver related questions

Moderator: Technical Support Team

Creating non-paginated TIFF file from multi-page doc

Postby Berethrof » Thu Nov 17, 2005 6:33 pm

Hello. I was wondering if it's possible to create a continuous TIFF file that is NOT paginated from a multi-page document.

What I mean is, somehow disregard the length of the paper selected, so that a multipage document comes out as a single, long image that I can scroll up and down in, as opposed to having to change pages within the document.

In other words, if I create a TIFF file from a file that's too long for the paper size, and select the "Multipage image" option, I can get a single TIFF file, but it's still divided in pages.

What I'd need is a single TIFF file that wouldn't be divided in pages...

Does this make any sense?
Berethrof

answer

Postby TechnicalSupportTeam » Fri Jan 13, 2006 10:11 am

Yes you can create a long continues tiff file if you are using low level API of the TIFF SDK using C or C++ programming language. The TIFF SDK has functions which allow encoding of a tiff image one scan line at the time through call back function.
The TIFF SDK comes with sample application for C which demonstrates how to encode the image.
- Load the image into DIB
- Encode the image
- Load second image
- Continue encoding first image.

The second approach is that you load two images into a DIB and combine them with the CombineDIB function and then you save the combined DIN as single tiff image.
TechnicalSupportTeam

Return to Printer Drivers