Error 1603 in custom action that installs Mydll_NT.dll

Black Ice Printer Driver related questions

Moderator: Technical Support Team

Error 1603 in custom action that installs Mydll_NT.dll

Postby bdaniels » Tue Nov 24, 2015 3:42 pm

I have created a Microsoft installer project using Visual Studio 2010 that uses a custom action to install the Black Ice PDF Print Driver as part of a third party application developed by my company. I am installing the 64-bit version of the print driver and the installer is meant to be installed on 64-bit machines. The installer has been tested on multiple Windows 7-64 bit machines but at one customer site an issue is being encountered when trying to install it. I was given an MSI log that shows that an error 1603 is being generated when attempting to perform the custom action that installs Mydll_NT.dll. The customer has full administrative privileges on the PCs it is being installed on and has even tried running the installer with elevated security. Noteworthy is that the issue only appears when they try to install it on Windows 7 machines with all the latest updates. If they try to install it on a PC that is not fully updated, it installs. I have recently rebuilt the entire installer on a Windows 7-64 bit machine that has all the latest windows updates, thinking that it needed to be built with these updates included, but it made no difference. The customer is still unable to install with the same error. Any ideas or suggestions of what to do to resolve this?
bdaniels

Return to Printer Drivers