Printing from a COBOL/CENTURA BUILDER

Black Ice Printer Driver related questions

Moderator: Technical Support Team

Printing from a COBOL/CENTURA BUILDER

Postby p33kabo0 » Fri Oct 22, 2010 2:19 pm

Hello,

I have setup the Terminal Server one on my Windows 2000 Server and it seems that I have setup to make sure that there is no popup because how I use this is like this:

I have a program "Orbiter" running on an open session and that program is looking for jobs to do ...printing stuff, running programs ...it's the brain of our ERP (old one in centura builder/cobol) ...so when it has a job to print, I have all my printer installed in that server.

All options that I have setup is to save to a folder directly without asking any filename or folder (save as...) option ...maybe I missed one ...but my job is sent to the printer ...and in my Event Log, System, I have the following error:
The document P0178170 owned by keepconnected failed to print on printer DRMFIN-FILE. Data type: NT EMF 1.003. Size of the spool file in bytes: 2382. Number of bytes printed: 8. Total number of pages in the document: 0. Number of pages printed: 0. Client machine: \\DA-SARIN. Win32 error code returned by the print processor: 8.

Do you have any idea if my setup is possible to use your driver?

Also, I found that generated SPL file into my C:\WINDOWS\system32\spool\PRINTERS\ and I opened it with NOTEPAD, and when I print on my PDF Printer, nothing is happening ...nothing in my event log ...I see the job passing into my Printer' status ...but no file is being created ...
So I tried to print only "blablabla" from notepad ... and samething happen as my SPL file ...

Someone knows what can be wrong?

Thanks,
Philippe
p33kabo0

Re: Printing from a COBOL/CENTURA BUILDER

Postby p33kabo0 » Fri Oct 22, 2010 2:34 pm

OK well ...after some testing ...I was able to print with NOTEPAD my SPL file and my "blablabla" text ...my file is created on a LOCAL DRIVE ...I discovered that NETWORK DRIVE doesn't work ...we cannot save to it with the DEMO version ...

So know ...when I try to print from my "Orbiter" application, if I pause my printer and I put 2-3 jobs in it ...I see the file .PDF created and deleted super fast when I unpause the printer ...but no errors anywhere that I can find ...

Is there a way to put this in a DEBUG mode ..activate the VERBOSE mode?

Thanks!
Philippe
p33kabo0

Postby kathrynbottrell » Tue Mar 15, 2016 2:23 pm

I am also facing same problem and looking for resolution of your query to put it DEBUG mode. I am presenter at One World Presentation Management Ltd. company that offers abstract management services to their valuable customers. If anyone has information about this issue then please share your knowledge.

Kathryn
http://www.owpm.com
kathrynbottrell

Postby kenedy » Fri May 13, 2016 7:18 am

I am agree with p33kabo0's idea.follow it

http://www.soran.edu.iq
kenedy

Return to Printer Drivers