Error printing PDF in IE with a long path

Black Ice Printer Driver related questions

Moderator: Technical Support Team

Error printing PDF in IE with a long path

Postby TechnicalSupportTeam » Mon Sep 18, 2006 4:19 pm

Problem:

I am trying to print a PDF document from within Internet Explorer, and I find that when the file has a long path (IE: Http://www.blackice.com/Test1/Test2/Tes ... 2/File.PDF) it will crash and I can not print the file.

Answer:

If you open a PDF file in Internet Explorer, the pdf file will be displayed in the Acrobat Reader plugin. If you print the opened pdf file, the following situations can occur:

1. If the length of the path and filename less than 134 chararcters, the printing will be good with the latest Acrobat Reader plugin (7.08).
2. If the length of the path and filename is larger than 134 chararcters, the printing will be failed with the latest Acrobat Reader plugin (7.08).
3. If the version of the Acrobat Reader is 5.05 the printing will be good from the plugin. The printing doesn't depend on the length of the filename.
4. If you print from the application not from the plugin, the file will be printed correctly with the latest Acrobat Reader (7.08). The printing doesn't depend on the length of the filename.

This is a problem with the newer versions of Adobe Acrobat Reader.
TechnicalSupportTeam

Return to Printer Drivers