Printer Output

Black Ice Printer Driver related questions

Moderator: Technical Support Team

Printer Output

Postby jmc » Thu Jul 06, 2006 2:12 pm

We've developed custom code for many clients using the Black Ice Fax print driver. For all of our existing clients we were able to determine the output by configuring it to "Use exact name from INI file". To determine the output our process basically went like this...

1. Retrieve the location of the INI file by retrieving the "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Print\Printers\Black Ice Fax\PrinterDriverData\Ini File" value.
2. Retrieve the output directory by retrieving the "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Print\Printers\Black Ice Fax\PrinterDriverData\Out Directory" value.
3. Using the value returned from step 1, retrieve the value associated with the "EXACT NAME" parm in the INI file.

Our latest client has apparently acquired a newer version of the driver (TIFF Capture Driver v. 9.83), and thus this process doesn't seem to work any longer. I tried to configure the print driver to using the following:

Name Generation Method: "Exact filename from the INI file"
Filename: "C:\Black Ice.INI"

My INI file looks like the following:

[Black Ice Color Printer]
File name=C:\IMAGE.tif

However, this doesn't seem to work. The output goes to the Output Directory specified on the Filename Generation sheet.

My quetions are:

1) Am I doing this correctly?
2) Is there another way to determine the output?
jmc

Postby TechnicalSupportTeam » Tue Aug 22, 2006 1:46 pm

We've tested the Filename Generation methods of pulling from an INI file or from the Registry and they all seem to be working in the latest version of the Driver. This request should be submitted to Tech Supoort via Email if you are still having the problem.
TechnicalSupportTeam

Return to Printer Drivers