Voice Modem Installation
- Select Start, Setting, Control Panel.
- Double click on Modems. The modems property dialog box pos up.
- Click on Diagnostics.
- Select COM Port.
- Click On Modem Info.
If no other communication software is running and you receive the following message: "COM port is currently used by an other application", you have a bad modem driver installation. Uninstall the modem and reinstall it. In some cases reinstalling the driver may not help. Replace the modem with a different brand.
- Installation for voice modems under Win95/98 is unreliable.
- Voice quality of the Voice modems varies greatly for different manufacturers, even if the underlying chip set is the same.
- The telephone interface is unreliable.
- Switching to fax and fax to voice is unreliable.